Twelve Hamilton High School DECA members competed March 18-20 at the Wisconsin DECA Career Development Conference in Lake Geneva.
The following students were recognized and will represent Hamilton at the DECA International Career Conference May 3-6 in Atlanta:
• Therese Merkel and Grace Modl, first in their flight and second place overall, School Based Enterprise Academy;
• Yuchun Wang and Rohan Washikar, fourth place overall, creative marketing project; and fifth place overall, business law and ethics; and
• Jessica Neumann, fourth place overall, quick service restaurant management.
Merkel, Modl and Neumann were awarded a $500 scholarship for their efforts.
Nicole Spence and Kashish Talwar medaled in their respective categories: Spence in quick service restaurant management and Talwar in business services marketing.
Business education teacher and DECA advisor Skip Hay will accompany qualifying students and future Charger Corner manager, Andrew Ullmann, to the international conference.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- Ninth Annual Religious and Independent School Leadership Conference
- Liberty Dance Center, LLC has a busy February
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More