Types Of Allergies
It’s estimated that 60 million Americans suffer from some type of allergy. That’s 1 out of 4. It’s the 5th highest chronic disease in America and the 3rd most common chronic disease in children. Many people suffer from more than one allergy type.
Pollen from trees, grass and weeds are in the indoor/outdoor allergy category. Other common indoor/outdoor allergy triggers are mold spores, dust mites, and cat, dog and rodent dander. About 75% of people with allergies have indoor/outdoor allergies. The most common pet allergy is cat dander.
Skin allergies are another common allergy. The most common causes of skin allergies are plants like poison oak, ivy and sumac. Allergic reactions can also be caused by skin contact with latex, cockroachs and dust mites, and even some foods. Skin allergies are the main allergy for about 7% of allergy sufferers.
Food & Drug Allergies
While we hear a lot about food and drug allergies, they’re the primary allergy of only about 6% of allergy sufferers. Food allergies are more common in children. Peanuts, tree nuts, milk, eggs, wheat, soy, fish and shellfish are responsible for 90% of all food allergies. Food allergies claim over 200 lives yearly.
When it comes to common drug allergies, penicillin is the winner. Almost 400 Americans die every year from allergies to penicillin.
Some people have allergies in a single category and others suffer from allergies in multiple categories. If you are an allergy sufferer, discuss your triggers and symptoms with your chiropractor. Some types of allergies respond remarkably well to chiropractic care.
For more information contact:
Dr’s Brad and Mandy Pearce
Pewaukee Family Chiropractic
1001 Cecelia Drive Pewaukee, WI 53072
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Liberty Dance Center, LLC has a busy February
- Daddy Daughter Date Night at Sky Zone February 11
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Degenerative Disc Disease and Chiropractic Care
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Celebrities to be Featured at the Milwaukee NARI Spring Home Improvement Show; Spike TV’s Skip Bedell, DIY Network’s Kayleen McCabe, and More
- Milwaukee NARI Hosts 2nd Annual Career and Internship Fair; Continues Mission to Boost Interest in the Trade Industry
- Bartelt Wins 2016 Regional Contractor of the Year (CotY) Award
- College Works Painting Internship