More than two dozen Templeton Middle School eighth-graders competed March 29 at the eastern regional level of National History Day at Carroll University. Ten students qualified to advance to the May 3 state competition at Edgewood College in Madison.
National History Day is an academic enrichment program for students in grades 6-12. Students select topics connected to an annual theme and complete their own in-depth research on the topic. This year the annual theme is “Rights and Responsibilities.” Students present their conclusions in exhibit boards, performances, websites, papers or documentaries.
Students from Templeton and their projects advancing to the state junior division level are:
•Kennedy Lor – “Joan of Arc: The Maid of France:
•Trevor Wallis – “The Changing Rights of American Women”
•Nicholas Gierach and Cameron Davis – “D-Day”
•Kylie Earing – “ Girls’ Education Rights in Pakistan”
•Emily Sereg (alternate) – “American with Disabilities Act: Public Accomodations”
•Ann Marie Krolczyk and Madison Earing – “The Fire That Changed Everything”
•Taylor Earing and Hang Yin (alternates) – “John Peter Zenger: Freedom of the Press”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Independence Day Activities in Waukesha
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. launches blog to educate general public about health conditions that can affect the quality of their life
- R.A. Smith National Celebrates Culmination of June Nature Challenge
- National "I Forgot Day"
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- Summit Credit Union Welcomes Mortgage Loan Officer to Waukesha Branch
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations