Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned 10th place in its division March 29 at the Greater Metro Conference state meet at Ripon College. The team’s 10th place finish is the best performance at state in more than 15 years and a significant improvement from last year’s 18th place finish.
A total of 25 Hamilton entries joined more than 1,000 students from 72 schools throughout the state to compete in various speech and drama categories. The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members.
The following students were category trophy winners:
•Cassandra Zimdars, third place in Prose;
•Danielle Kallis, sixth place in Special Occasion;
•Ila Avinash, ninth place in Moments in History; and
•Erin Magoon, 10th place in Four-Minute Informative.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the Hamilton forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Hurry! Hamilton Class of 60s-70s Reunion is Almost Here
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Waterstone Mortgage Corporation Named Platinum Million Dollar Lender
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Shop 'til you drop to benefit HPHC
- Germantown Jr. Warhawks Take Richfield Summer Classic Tournament U-08 Championship
- Milwaukee/NARI Shares Tips For Outdoor Living Spaces