Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned 10th place in its division March 29 at the Greater Metro Conference state meet at Ripon College. The team’s 10th place finish is the best performance at state in more than 15 years and a significant improvement from last year’s 18th place finish.
A total of 25 Hamilton entries joined more than 1,000 students from 72 schools throughout the state to compete in various speech and drama categories. The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members.
The following students were category trophy winners:
•Cassandra Zimdars, third place in Prose;
•Danielle Kallis, sixth place in Special Occasion;
•Ila Avinash, ninth place in Moments in History; and
•Erin Magoon, 10th place in Four-Minute Informative.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the Hamilton forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- New Ongoing Program at the Library: Saturday Crafternoons
- Reserve Your Booth at the Workforce Development Center Autumn Recruitment Fair
- New Program Series at the Library: Senior Well-being Series
- Catholic Memorial wins engineering competition
- Liberty Dance Center rolls out the red carpet
- Christ the King Church Announces New Fall Worship Schedule
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- SWIM STAFF NEEDED
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces 2015 Fall Semester Scholarship Recipients