Hamilton High School’s forensics team earned 10th place in its division March 29 at the Greater Metro Conference state meet at Ripon College. The team’s 10th place finish is the best performance at state in more than 15 years and a significant improvement from last year’s 18th place finish.
A total of 25 Hamilton entries joined more than 1,000 students from 72 schools throughout the state to compete in various speech and drama categories. The team award was determined by evaluating the average rank performance of individual team members.
The following students were category trophy winners:
•Cassandra Zimdars, third place in Prose;
•Danielle Kallis, sixth place in Special Occasion;
•Ila Avinash, ninth place in Moments in History; and
•Erin Magoon, 10th place in Four-Minute Informative.
Focusing on developing students’ public speaking and communication skills, the Hamilton forensics team helps students build confidence and community through extra-curricular competition.
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Liberty Dance Center to perform at WQYL/ Hunger Task Force Event
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19