Hamilton High School Jazz Bands and Combo performed April 4-5 at the Eau Claire Jazz Festival
held at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Three students were recognized for outstanding work: Alex Magoon, trumpet; Michael Scott, trombone; and Jeremy Nelson, drum set.
The Hamilton Jazz Bands and Combo received feedback from recognized leaders in jazz education and participated in a variety of workshops, master classes and concerts. Jazz I competed in Class A with 15 bands from the Midwest and received a score of 80 out of 100. The Combo scored 81 out of 100 in a judged clinic, and Jazz II performed in a critique only clinic.
The Eau Claire Jazz Festival has maintained a standard of excellence in jazz education and performance earning its distinction as one of the oldest and largest jazz festivals in the nation. A concert featuring trumpeter Byron Stripling and trombonist Wycliffe Gordon was one of this year’s highlights.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jazz Night at the Ike Cafe
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- Cue Club of Wisconsin Holds Event to Benefit the FOOD Pantry of Waukesha County
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Corporate Housing in Brookfield, WI - Special Pricing
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help.
- Graphics Systems Corp. Announces Engineer 3D! Training + Technology Conference
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Meet & Greet Waukesha School Board Candidate