Hamilton High School Jazz Bands and Combo performed April 4-5 at the Eau Claire Jazz Festival
held at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Three students were recognized for outstanding work: Alex Magoon, trumpet; Michael Scott, trombone; and Jeremy Nelson, drum set.
The Hamilton Jazz Bands and Combo received feedback from recognized leaders in jazz education and participated in a variety of workshops, master classes and concerts. Jazz I competed in Class A with 15 bands from the Midwest and received a score of 80 out of 100. The Combo scored 81 out of 100 in a judged clinic, and Jazz II performed in a critique only clinic.
The Eau Claire Jazz Festival has maintained a standard of excellence in jazz education and performance earning its distinction as one of the oldest and largest jazz festivals in the nation. A concert featuring trumpeter Byron Stripling and trombonist Wycliffe Gordon was one of this year’s highlights.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cecilia J. Hillard, PhD, Named Associate Dean for Research at MCW
- Hilarious and Heartwarming "Holidays At My House" One-Woman Show!
- Natural Back Pain Relief
- Russ Darrow Group Hosting Donation Drive for The Salvation Army
- Diversified Insurance Solutions Awards SPARK Grant to Life's Connection
- Puzzles and Games that Exercise the Brain
- Zion Lutheran Craft and Bake Sale
- SUNSET PLAYHOUSE PRESENTS CROONER CHRIS MARIANI IN HAVE A COOL YULE
- OCONOMOWOC STUDENT NAMED RISING STAR
- Christmas Clearing Council announces Angel Award winners