Hamilton High School Jazz Bands and Combo performed April 4-5 at the Eau Claire Jazz Festival
held at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Three students were recognized for outstanding work: Alex Magoon, trumpet; Michael Scott, trombone; and Jeremy Nelson, drum set.
The Hamilton Jazz Bands and Combo received feedback from recognized leaders in jazz education and participated in a variety of workshops, master classes and concerts. Jazz I competed in Class A with 15 bands from the Midwest and received a score of 80 out of 100. The Combo scored 81 out of 100 in a judged clinic, and Jazz II performed in a critique only clinic.
The Eau Claire Jazz Festival has maintained a standard of excellence in jazz education and performance earning its distinction as one of the oldest and largest jazz festivals in the nation. A concert featuring trumpeter Byron Stripling and trombonist Wycliffe Gordon was one of this year’s highlights.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Beth Moore Comes to Milwaukee!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce partners with Waukesha County Technical College for Human Resources for the Small Business roundtable
- Bryan Riesch Paralysis Team Challenge Event Friday, February 27th at Brookfield Elite Sports Club
- Carroll's Bryan Nagy named All-Midwest Conference
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Wine & Beer Tasting Event March 21, 2015 @ 6:00pm
- Girl Scout Cookie Drive Thru
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Women Matter News Report - Chiropractic and Infertility