Hamilton High School Jazz Bands and Combo performed April 4-5 at the Eau Claire Jazz Festival
held at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Three students were recognized for outstanding work: Alex Magoon, trumpet; Michael Scott, trombone; and Jeremy Nelson, drum set.
The Hamilton Jazz Bands and Combo received feedback from recognized leaders in jazz education and participated in a variety of workshops, master classes and concerts. Jazz I competed in Class A with 15 bands from the Midwest and received a score of 80 out of 100. The Combo scored 81 out of 100 in a judged clinic, and Jazz II performed in a critique only clinic.
The Eau Claire Jazz Festival has maintained a standard of excellence in jazz education and performance earning its distinction as one of the oldest and largest jazz festivals in the nation. A concert featuring trumpeter Byron Stripling and trombonist Wycliffe Gordon was one of this year’s highlights.
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Liberty Dance Center holds annual Spring Recital
- Mosquito Prevention a Must for Homeowners this Season
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Hosts Bed Bug Identification and Inspection Webinar
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on May 25, 2016
- Dads and International Biking Hit the Road in Waukesha
- Liberty Dance Center to hold annual Spring Recital
- New Summer Worship Schedule for Christ the King
- HAWS May Adoption Special
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees