Hamilton High School Jazz Bands and Combo performed April 4-5 at the Eau Claire Jazz Festival
held at the University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire. Three students were recognized for outstanding work: Alex Magoon, trumpet; Michael Scott, trombone; and Jeremy Nelson, drum set.
The Hamilton Jazz Bands and Combo received feedback from recognized leaders in jazz education and participated in a variety of workshops, master classes and concerts. Jazz I competed in Class A with 15 bands from the Midwest and received a score of 80 out of 100. The Combo scored 81 out of 100 in a judged clinic, and Jazz II performed in a critique only clinic.
The Eau Claire Jazz Festival has maintained a standard of excellence in jazz education and performance earning its distinction as one of the oldest and largest jazz festivals in the nation. A concert featuring trumpeter Byron Stripling and trombonist Wycliffe Gordon was one of this year’s highlights.
- BSI Launches AV Division
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Rain Barrel Fundraiser Returns to Delafield Public Library
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society