Oconomowoc, Wisconsin -February 20, 2014
The American Association of University Women, Oconomowoc Branch (AAUW, a non-profit organization that advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research, will award two $1000.00 scholarships this Spring 2014. Applicants must be a graduating High School senior, or a female returning to complete her degree, living in the Lake Country area, and be planning to attend a post secondary school for the Fall 2014 semester.
Applicants must submit a typed essay of 250-500 words answering the following
question. " How important is the role that education plays in the current and future lives of women worldwide, and how do you see the importance of education in your current and future life?"
Entries must be post marked by May 10th, and should be sent to Chardy Booth,
3848 Sawyer Road, Oconomowoc, WI 53066. Scholarship recipients will be selected at the end of May, with awards given in June.
In addition to the essay all applicants must include a cover letter introducing themselves, listing their name, address, phone number, email address, and name of school attending this fall. Plus they need to include a recent school transcript, and a reference letter from a recent school teacher or professor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset Playhouse presents, direct from San Francisco, an evening of non-stop laughter: Will Durst in BOOMERAGING.
- Easter Seals of Southeast Wisconsin to Honor Governor, Community Leaders for Supporting Its Mission
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Named to 100 Top Hospitals List
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are Chiropractic X-Rays Safe?
- Callen’s Muskego Showroom to Host Easter Bunny March 28
- New Summit Credit Union Branch in Waukesha Set to Open Later This Month
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Injury and cell damage in alcohol liver disease