Oconomowoc, Wisconsin -February 20, 2014
The American Association of University Women, Oconomowoc Branch (AAUW, a non-profit organization that advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research, will award two $1000.00 scholarships this Spring 2014. Applicants must be a graduating High School senior, or a female returning to complete her degree, living in the Lake Country area, and be planning to attend a post secondary school for the Fall 2014 semester.
Applicants must submit a typed essay of 250-500 words answering the following
question. " How important is the role that education plays in the current and future lives of women worldwide, and how do you see the importance of education in your current and future life?"
Entries must be post marked by May 10th, and should be sent to Chardy Booth,
3848 Sawyer Road, Oconomowoc, WI 53066. Scholarship recipients will be selected at the end of May, with awards given in June.
In addition to the essay all applicants must include a cover letter introducing themselves, listing their name, address, phone number, email address, and name of school attending this fall. Plus they need to include a recent school transcript, and a reference letter from a recent school teacher or professor.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Camp Cave: A New Program for Children with Special Needs and Disabilities
- Waukesha County Genealogical Society to meet on April 22, 2015