Oconomowoc, Wisconsin -February 20, 2014
The American Association of University Women, Oconomowoc Branch (AAUW, a non-profit organization that advances equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research, will award two $1000.00 scholarships this Spring 2014. Applicants must be a graduating High School senior, or a female returning to complete her degree, living in the Lake Country area, and be planning to attend a post secondary school for the Fall 2014 semester.
Applicants must submit a typed essay of 250-500 words answering the following
question. " How important is the role that education plays in the current and future lives of women worldwide, and how do you see the importance of education in your current and future life?"
Entries must be post marked by May 10th, and should be sent to Chardy Booth,
3848 Sawyer Road, Oconomowoc, WI 53066. Scholarship recipients will be selected at the end of May, with awards given in June.
In addition to the essay all applicants must include a cover letter introducing themselves, listing their name, address, phone number, email address, and name of school attending this fall. Plus they need to include a recent school transcript, and a reference letter from a recent school teacher or professor.
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Performer Steve Girman at the Wauwatosa Public Library
- Jim and Tom Palzewicz of ActionCOACH of Elm Grove win Bravo! Entrepreneur award
- SDNB Expands Recognition Programs, Thanks Community for Support
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin Celebrate Project SEARCH Completion Ceremony for Adults With Disabilities
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- School District of New Berlin Expands Post-Secondary Options
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness