Female food scientists from Wixon, a manufacturer of seasonings, flavors, and technologies for the food and beverage industry, will lead several interactive workshops during a day-long conference designed to peak girls’ interest in science, technology, engineering, and math. More than 30 girls, ages 11-14, are expected to participate in the Girls in Engineering, Math, and Science (GEMS) event on Saturday, May 3, at University of Wisconsin - Waukesha campus, 1500 N. University Drive.
This year’s session, “Cooking with Chemistry,” will be led by Jeanne Meeder, Industrial and Consumer Products Director; Jill Sonntag, Senior Food Technologist; AnnMarie Kraszewski, Food Scientist; Roni Eckert, Research Scientist; Jamie Smith, Food Technologist; and Rita Singer, Food Technologist. Students will learn about molecular gastronomy with both a presentation and hands-on demos. This is the fourth year that Wixon will participate in the GEMS conference.
“This is a great opportunity to encourage young girls to pursue their interests in STEM fields, like the food and beverage industry,” says Meeder. “We are honored to be part of this rewarding event and share our expertise in a fun, hands-on setting.”
For more than 100 years, Wixon has been a trusted provider of flavors, seasonings, and technologies for food and beverage manufacturers. With its scientific and culinary capabilities combined with a passion for service, Wixon drives innovation and solutions for its customers. Wixon focuses on its core areas of expertise: Industrial Ingredients, including Foodservice; Consumer Products; and Protein. Customers are encouraged to tap into a portfolio of services, including R&D, custom formulation development, turnkey solutions, and menu ideation. Wixon ingredients are globally-sourced and go beyond FDA standards to ensure quality and cleanliness. The company also offers spice grinding, blending, and a complete line of package engineering options. Located in St. Francis, Wis., a suburb of Milwaukee, Wixon is GFSI Certified to FSSC 22000, ISO9001 Certified, and QAI Organic Certified. More information on Wixon or any of its products may be obtained at www.wixon.com or by calling (414) 769-3000.
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- School District of New Berlin Expands Post-Secondary Options
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary