GRAEF, a Wisconsin-based engineering and consulting firm, is proud to announce that its UW-Waukesha Field Station Master Plan in Waukesha, Wis. was honored with the Society of College and University Planning’s (SCUP) 2014 Excellence in Landscape Architecture Award.
Established in 1967, the UW-Waukesha Field Station is an innovative, 98-acre classroom of 13 native plant communities serving as a living teaching environment to students, faculty and the community. The Field Station is the only facility of its kind in the UW System.
Completed in 2009, GRAEF developed a Master Plan to guide maintenance and enhancement of the unique collection of ecological communities found at the Field Station. The Master Plan will further serve as a model for UW-Waukesha’s future large-scale sustainable landscape projects.
“We are honored to have received a national award that gives much deserved recognition to everyone involved in this project,” said John Kissinger, CEO of GRAEF. “The success of the plan is shared with the past, present and future student, teachers and volunteer stakeholders who built, maintained and continue to learn from this sustainable ecological community.”
The GRAEF project team was led by Joe Pepitone, landscape architect and principal at GRAEF.
GRAEF is an employee-owned, full-service engineering and consulting firm with proven expertise in planning; landscape and industrial architecture; operations consulting; and structural, civil, transportation, MEP, and environmental engineering. GRAEF serves public and private clients from its offices in Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Madison, Wisconsin; Chicago, Illinois; and Orlando, Florida. For more than 50 years, GRAEF has demonstrated its commitment to continuously adapting to meet the changing needs of the industry and its clients. For more information, visit www.GRAEF-usa.com.
- Rain Barrel Fundraiser Returns to Delafield Public Library
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- RUMMAGE SALE
- KENTUCKY DERBY FUND RAISER-MUSTANG SHELLY'S ROADHOUSE