GRAEF, a Wisconsin-based engineering and consulting firm, is proud to announce that its UW-Waukesha Field Station Master Plan in Waukesha, Wis. was honored with the Society of College and University Planning’s (SCUP) 2014 Excellence in Landscape Architecture Award.
Established in 1967, the UW-Waukesha Field Station is an innovative, 98-acre classroom of 13 native plant communities serving as a living teaching environment to students, faculty and the community. The Field Station is the only facility of its kind in the UW System.
Completed in 2009, GRAEF developed a Master Plan to guide maintenance and enhancement of the unique collection of ecological communities found at the Field Station. The Master Plan will further serve as a model for UW-Waukesha’s future large-scale sustainable landscape projects.
“We are honored to have received a national award that gives much deserved recognition to everyone involved in this project,” said John Kissinger, CEO of GRAEF. “The success of the plan is shared with the past, present and future student, teachers and volunteer stakeholders who built, maintained and continue to learn from this sustainable ecological community.”
The GRAEF project team was led by Joe Pepitone, landscape architect and principal at GRAEF.
GRAEF is an employee-owned, full-service engineering and consulting firm with proven expertise in planning; landscape and industrial architecture; operations consulting; and structural, civil, transportation, MEP, and environmental engineering. GRAEF serves public and private clients from its offices in Milwaukee, Green Bay, and Madison, Wisconsin; Chicago, Illinois; and Orlando, Florida. For more than 50 years, GRAEF has demonstrated its commitment to continuously adapting to meet the changing needs of the industry and its clients. For more information, visit www.GRAEF-usa.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October events
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Concert:
- Vietnam Book To Be Discussed At Brookfield Library
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Benefit Concert/Dinner for St. John's Youth
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Find the Right Pillow for a Healthier Night’s Sleep
- INTEGRATED HEALTH NETWORK NAMES WIEDL FINANCE DIRECTOR
- Fall Family Fun Fest at Trinity UCC
- Local Residents Participate in THE ADDAMS FAMILY at Sunset Playhouse
- Nathan Vaughn, Licensed Professional Land Surveyor, is Appointed to the Wisconsin Land Information Council
- Callen Says Weatherize Now to Save Energy in Winter