Maple Avenue Elementary School learned that approximately 225 students in first, fourth and fifth grades will participate in a field trip next year thanks to funding from the Kohl’s Cares Field Trip Grant Program.
Maple Avenue first grade teacher Jeanne Kolb completed the application requesting funds to pay for admission to the Milwaukee County Zoo. The field trip will enrich the first grade science animal study curriculum.
Patty Coburn, Maple Avenue fourth grade teacher, requested funding for admission to Discovery World Museum. The activities and displays at the museum will enhance the fourth grade science units on the human body, water conservation and electricity.
Fifth-graders will be taking a writing and art guided tour at the Milwaukee Art Museum. Students will be prompted through various writing experiences based on the art they view, interpret and appreciate. Maple Avenue fifth grade teacher Kristin Leaman submitted the grant application.
Maple Avenue Elementary School is located at W240 N6059 Maple Ave., Sussex.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: What Exactly Are the B Complex Vitamins?
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council
- Muskego Open Swim, Pool Rentals, & Swim Lessons!
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- Use of stent, compared to medications, increases risk of stroke in patients with narrowed artery within the brain
- Home & Garden Show Runs March 25-29
- SkySlam Madness Takes the Court