Waukesha, WI – May has been designated as Historic Preservation Month. In celebration of our community’s rich history, Waukesha Preservation Alliance, along with many other partner organizations, is proud to host Historic Preservation Days on Saturday, May 17 – Sunday, May 18, 2014. This annual event brings local history to life for participants of all ages. A majority of the events are FREE.
Saturday’s activities include historic walking tours, a guided springs tour, an antique vehicle display, and an opportunity to view and learn the history of Silurian Spring. The Waukesha County Museum will host an open house of its exhibits. Special events include an Introduction to Tea, as well as a historic brewery memorabilia display inside a local brewery. On Sunday, open houses of historic homes will be offered.
The Waukesha Preservation Alliance will also be hosting a Historic Photo Scavenger Hunt Contest, where participants will search through the historic sections of our City to find the small details of buildings. All correct entries will be entered in a drawing for prizes donated by local businesses and organizations.
For updated information, visit waukeshapreservation.org or contact
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stay In the Loop at the Library
- First Stage Announces Free Class Day at the Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts!
- Kevin Pasqua Becomes Board Vice President for Brain Injury Alliance of Wisconsin
- Brookfield native releases more Wisconsin themed comedy videos online
- Waukesha Lacrosse Club - Register NOW for Spring 2016 Season
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help
- The Rookie Cigar Smoker: Here’s How NOT to Look Like One
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Suggests Storage Ideas for the Kitchen
- The Woodworker's Gym, a Public-access Woodworking Shop Open in Brookfield
- Seven Tips to Stay Safe on Winter Roads