Waukesha, WI – May has been designated as Historic Preservation Month. In celebration of our community’s rich history, Waukesha Preservation Alliance, along with many other partner organizations, is proud to host Historic Preservation Days on Saturday, May 17 – Sunday, May 18, 2014. This annual event brings local history to life for participants of all ages. A majority of the events are FREE.
Saturday’s activities include historic walking tours, a guided springs tour, an antique vehicle display, and an opportunity to view and learn the history of Silurian Spring. The Waukesha County Museum will host an open house of its exhibits. Special events include an Introduction to Tea, as well as a historic brewery memorabilia display inside a local brewery. On Sunday, open houses of historic homes will be offered.
The Waukesha Preservation Alliance will also be hosting a Historic Photo Scavenger Hunt Contest, where participants will search through the historic sections of our City to find the small details of buildings. All correct entries will be entered in a drawing for prizes donated by local businesses and organizations.
For updated information, visit waukeshapreservation.org or contact
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (October 13-19, 2014)
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Dr. Carole Street Vetter named David S. Haskell, MD, Endowed Professor in Orthopaedic Education
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Take Flexibility Training Seriously
- Autumn Harvest Bowl Disc Golf Event for the Food Pantry of Waukesha County
- Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Shopping Market is October 3-5 at Hawthorne Hill Farm
- Scientist receives NIH Director’s Award to study molecular causes of disease
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- "Diary of Anne Frank" at Lake Country Playhouse in October