Waukesha, WI – May has been designated as Historic Preservation Month. In celebration of our community’s rich history, Waukesha Preservation Alliance, along with many other partner organizations, is proud to host Historic Preservation Days on Saturday, May 17 – Sunday, May 18, 2014. This annual event brings local history to life for participants of all ages. A majority of the events are FREE.
Saturday’s activities include historic walking tours, a guided springs tour, an antique vehicle display, and an opportunity to view and learn the history of Silurian Spring. The Waukesha County Museum will host an open house of its exhibits. Special events include an Introduction to Tea, as well as a historic brewery memorabilia display inside a local brewery. On Sunday, open houses of historic homes will be offered.
The Waukesha Preservation Alliance will also be hosting a Historic Photo Scavenger Hunt Contest, where participants will search through the historic sections of our City to find the small details of buildings. All correct entries will be entered in a drawing for prizes donated by local businesses and organizations.
For updated information, visit waukeshapreservation.org or contact
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jazz Night at the Ike Cafe
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- Cue Club of Wisconsin Holds Event to Benefit the FOOD Pantry of Waukesha County
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Corporate Housing in Brookfield, WI - Special Pricing
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help.
- Graphics Systems Corp. Announces Engineer 3D! Training + Technology Conference
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Meet & Greet Waukesha School Board Candidate