Spring Creek Church and an estimated 4,000 community members will honor local armed forces and veterans at their 26th annual Amerifest event on Sunday, June 22 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Spring Creek Church in Pewaukee.
The event will feature remarks from United States Senate Chaplain Rear Admiral Barry C. Black. Admiral Black was elected the 62nd Chaplain of the United States Senate in 2003. Prior to coming to Capitol Hill, Chaplain Black served in the U.S. Navy for over twenty-seven years, ending his distinguished career as the Chief of Navy Chaplains.
In addition to Admiral Black, Amerifest will feature a patriotic program, children’s activities, and a car show. The programs are scheduled for 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 a.m., with lunch served at no cost.
Though all Amerifest activities are free, tickets are required. Attendees are asked to register for free tickets at http://www.springcreekonline.com and are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items for local food pantries. Collection boxes will be stationed at each entrance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Magee Pancake Breakfast & Community Fair
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes Offered Nov 10-16, 2014
- Photos to Benefit Food Pantry
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Concert:
- Fabulous Fish Fry for a Fabulous Cause
- Friends of the Brookfield Library 10th Anniversary Open House
- Summit View Elementary / Liberty Dance Center Partnership
- MCW researcher to investigate leptospira bacteria
- From Youth Apprentice to Full-Time Employee
- Brookfield Ameriprise Professionals Earn Advanced Financial Industry Certifications