Spring Creek Church and an estimated 4,000 community members will honor local armed forces and veterans at their 26th annual Amerifest event on Sunday, June 22 from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at Spring Creek Church in Pewaukee.
The event will feature remarks from United States Senate Chaplain Rear Admiral Barry C. Black. Admiral Black was elected the 62nd Chaplain of the United States Senate in 2003. Prior to coming to Capitol Hill, Chaplain Black served in the U.S. Navy for over twenty-seven years, ending his distinguished career as the Chief of Navy Chaplains.
In addition to Admiral Black, Amerifest will feature a patriotic program, children’s activities, and a car show. The programs are scheduled for 8:00, 9:30 and 11:00 a.m., with lunch served at no cost.
Though all Amerifest activities are free, tickets are required. Attendees are asked to register for free tickets at http://www.springcreekonline.com and are encouraged to bring non-perishable food items for local food pantries. Collection boxes will be stationed at each entrance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues sponsorship of “Social Media Tools for Business” workshop for regional businesses
- LearningRx Hosts May 30 Open House
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues to add new members
- Daylily Society of SE WI/daylily sale
- Christ the King To Host Rummage Sale June 27
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Receives Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award
- 1212 Bodyworks Grand Opening
- Liberty Dance Center Marches in Milwaukee Memorial Day Parade
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Four New Summer Music Classes Offered at White House of Music, Waukesha