Three scholarships worth $350 each were awarded at their May 21 meeting by the Waukesha Creative Arts League to organizations that use art in the programs they provide to the community. This year’s awardees are The Caring Place, La Casa de Esperanza and The Waukesha Community Art Project. Representatives of each organization talked to the members of WCAL about how they use the creation of art to enrich the lives of children and youth, or of adults in the last years of their lives.
Accepting the scholarships were Lori Wetzel and Sue Banski of The Caring Place, Ben Stark of La Casa de Esperanza, and Page Remmers and Cheryl Pederson of The Waukesha Community Art Project.
The Waukesha Creative Arts League meets monthly from September through May at the Waukesha Goodwill Industries building at 1400 Nike Drive, Waukesha. At our informal meetings we learn through critiques and art demonstrations by local artists, teachers and professionals who share their art expertise and vision. For more information contact our president, Ann Blewett, at 262-798-5601 or vice president Janet Knapp at 262-970-9867 or see our Facebook page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Workforce Development Center's Spring Job Fair
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Camp Cave: A New Program for Children with Special Needs and Disabilities