Three scholarships worth $350 each were awarded at their May 21 meeting by the Waukesha Creative Arts League to organizations that use art in the programs they provide to the community. This year’s awardees are The Caring Place, La Casa de Esperanza and The Waukesha Community Art Project. Representatives of each organization talked to the members of WCAL about how they use the creation of art to enrich the lives of children and youth, or of adults in the last years of their lives.
Accepting the scholarships were Lori Wetzel and Sue Banski of The Caring Place, Ben Stark of La Casa de Esperanza, and Page Remmers and Cheryl Pederson of The Waukesha Community Art Project.
The Waukesha Creative Arts League meets monthly from September through May at the Waukesha Goodwill Industries building at 1400 Nike Drive, Waukesha. At our informal meetings we learn through critiques and art demonstrations by local artists, teachers and professionals who share their art expertise and vision. For more information contact our president, Ann Blewett, at 262-798-5601 or vice president Janet Knapp at 262-970-9867 or see our Facebook page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MinuteClinic Opens Its First Walk-in Medical Clinic in Waukesha
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Holiday Gift Drive for Seniors
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces 2015 Board of Directors
- Liberty Dance Center in Waukesha Christmas Parade