Three scholarships worth $350 each were awarded at their May 21 meeting by the Waukesha Creative Arts League to organizations that use art in the programs they provide to the community. This year’s awardees are The Caring Place, La Casa de Esperanza and The Waukesha Community Art Project. Representatives of each organization talked to the members of WCAL about how they use the creation of art to enrich the lives of children and youth, or of adults in the last years of their lives.
Accepting the scholarships were Lori Wetzel and Sue Banski of The Caring Place, Ben Stark of La Casa de Esperanza, and Page Remmers and Cheryl Pederson of The Waukesha Community Art Project.
The Waukesha Creative Arts League meets monthly from September through May at the Waukesha Goodwill Industries building at 1400 Nike Drive, Waukesha. At our informal meetings we learn through critiques and art demonstrations by local artists, teachers and professionals who share their art expertise and vision. For more information contact our president, Ann Blewett, at 262-798-5601 or vice president Janet Knapp at 262-970-9867 or see our Facebook page.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- BodyLabUSA Holistic Healing & Psychic Fair, Coming to You!
- Women in Science series honors MCW researchers
- Magee Pancake Breakfast & Community Fair
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes Offered Nov 10-16, 2014
- Photos to Benefit Food Pantry
- Milwaukee Festival Brass Concert: