Three scholarships worth $350 each were awarded at their May 21 meeting by the Waukesha Creative Arts League to organizations that use art in the programs they provide to the community. This year’s awardees are The Caring Place, La Casa de Esperanza and The Waukesha Community Art Project. Representatives of each organization talked to the members of WCAL about how they use the creation of art to enrich the lives of children and youth, or of adults in the last years of their lives.
Accepting the scholarships were Lori Wetzel and Sue Banski of The Caring Place, Ben Stark of La Casa de Esperanza, and Page Remmers and Cheryl Pederson of The Waukesha Community Art Project.
The Waukesha Creative Arts League meets monthly from September through May at the Waukesha Goodwill Industries building at 1400 Nike Drive, Waukesha. At our informal meetings we learn through critiques and art demonstrations by local artists, teachers and professionals who share their art expertise and vision. For more information contact our president, Ann Blewett, at 262-798-5601 or vice president Janet Knapp at 262-970-9867 or see our Facebook page.
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- RUMMAGE SALE
- KENTUCKY DERBY FUND RAISER-MUSTANG SHELLY'S ROADHOUSE
- Waukesha County Executive Kicks Off Arbor Day Activities