Three scholarships worth $350 each were awarded at their May 21 meeting by the Waukesha Creative Arts League to organizations that use art in the programs they provide to the community. This year’s awardees are The Caring Place, La Casa de Esperanza and The Waukesha Community Art Project. Representatives of each organization talked to the members of WCAL about how they use the creation of art to enrich the lives of children and youth, or of adults in the last years of their lives.
Accepting the scholarships were Lori Wetzel and Sue Banski of The Caring Place, Ben Stark of La Casa de Esperanza, and Page Remmers and Cheryl Pederson of The Waukesha Community Art Project.
The Waukesha Creative Arts League meets monthly from September through May at the Waukesha Goodwill Industries building at 1400 Nike Drive, Waukesha. At our informal meetings we learn through critiques and art demonstrations by local artists, teachers and professionals who share their art expertise and vision. For more information contact our president, Ann Blewett, at 262-798-5601 or vice president Janet Knapp at 262-970-9867 or see our Facebook page.
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- School District of New Berlin Expands Post-Secondary Options
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary