The Kids From Wisconsin - the state’s Musical Ambassadors of Goodwill - are ready for their 46th show season, and there’s a little as Emily Matt of Waukesha is performing with the talented troupe this summer.
Emily will be a senior at Divine Savior Holy Angels next year, and is hoping to major in musical theatre. Emily most recently received a Tommy Award for her performance as Penelope Pennywise in DSHA’s production of Urinetown: The Musical, and can be seen as Princess Fiona in DSHA's Shrek: the musical this upcoming November. Other credits include: Brooke/Vicki, Noises Off (DSHA); Hermione, A Very Potter Musical (YNOT Productions); Margot, Legally Blonde the musical (DSHA); Ensemble, Les Miserables (Greendale Community Theatre); Wendy, Peter Pan the musical (Community Theatre Works), and more. When not performing, Emily plays French Horn, Piano, and Flute for her school orchestra, and is an active participant in her parish and school’s music ministry programs.
After auditioning in February, Emily was chosen to be part of the talented troupe over hundreds of other applicants. In June, all the KIDS went through a 17-day camp where they learned all the music and choreography. They have been on tour since June 24th and will perform over 60 shows across the state this summer.
Emily's hometown show will take place on July 25th at the Oconomowoc Performing Arts Center at 7:00 PM
About the Kids From Wisconsin:
Kids from Wisconsin has been delighting audiences throughout Wisconsin and across the country since 1969, including the highlighted annual performance at The Wisconsin State Fair. From the diversity of vocal talent and outstanding instrumentals to the stunning choreography and costumes, the KIDS continue to wow audiences. The high-energy, exciting performances feature 20 singers/dancers along with a 13 piece show band, This year’s troupe (15-20 years old) comes from 30 different Wisconsin communities.
The troupe generally performs over 60 shows during the months of June, July and August to nearly 120,000 people over each season. Performances have included county fairs, community theaters, high school auditoriums, performing arts venues and conventions throughout the state. The KIDS shows have helped raise thou-sands of dollars for worthy charitable organizations.
To see the complete 2014 troupe roster and tour schedule please go to www.kidsfromwisconsin.org.
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- One Project, Many Beneficiaries: Waukesha Couple Aids Widow to Help Adopt Orphan from China
- Liberty Dance Center participating in GROOVE Dance Competition
- Dog Behaving Badly? Free Seminar
- SDNB 5th Grader Kicks off Laureates Discussion at Junior Achievement Legends Event
- The Corked Canvas hosts “Paint Your Pet” fundraiser for Elmbrook Humane Society
- New Adoption, Foster Parenting Ministry Aims to Educate and Advocate for Children
- RUMMAGE SALE
- KENTUCKY DERBY FUND RAISER-MUSTANG SHELLY'S ROADHOUSE
- Waukesha County Executive Kicks Off Arbor Day Activities