The Friends of Retzer Nature Center announced the date for its annual Photo Contest. On Sunday, November 2, 2014, a reception and award ceremony will be held at the Learning Center at Retzer Nature Center from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
The 413-acre Retzer Nature Center is part of the Waukesha County Parks system and focuses on conservation and environmental education. Nature Center trails provide access to prairies, forests, streams and ponds. The park is located just west of the city of Waukesha at S14 W28167 Madison Street.
The Friends of Retzer encourage visitors to take photographs to capture memories of their visit to the Nature Center park. Photographs taken at Retzer Nature Center may be submitted for entry into the Photo Contest. A copy of the rules and an entry form can be found at http://friendsofretzer.org/pdf/photocontest2014.pdf. Forms can also be picked up at Retzer Nature Center and other County park locations. Please note that an entry fee applies, and that all photographs must be taken at Retzer Nature Center. The deadline for submission of entries is 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 29.
Questions regarding the Photo Contest can be directed to Mary Cairns at (262) 786-2507.
- Wil-Kil Pest Control Named One of Pest Control Technology’s Top 100 Pest Management Firms in the U.S.
- Hoops for Awareness
- SDNB Includes 'College and Career Ready Dispositions in Grading, Reporting
- Art Service Award given to the Waukesha Community Arts Project by Waukesha Creative Arts League
- It's Raining Kittens at HAWS
- Bike Safety and Maintenance Program at Brookfield Public Library
- Learn about Native American Culture at the Brookfield Public LIbrary
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with senior citizen art therapy project
- Waukesha resident earns highest Girl Scout honor with Old World Wisconsin trail restoration project
- Swimming Pool Services Honored as a Customer Service Leader in Residential Construction