The Friends of Retzer Nature Center announced the date for its annual Photo Contest. On Sunday, November 2, 2014, a reception and award ceremony will be held at the Learning Center at Retzer Nature Center from 1:00 to 3:30 p.m. This event is free and open to the public.
The 413-acre Retzer Nature Center is part of the Waukesha County Parks system and focuses on conservation and environmental education. Nature Center trails provide access to prairies, forests, streams and ponds. The park is located just west of the city of Waukesha at S14 W28167 Madison Street.
The Friends of Retzer encourage visitors to take photographs to capture memories of their visit to the Nature Center park. Photographs taken at Retzer Nature Center may be submitted for entry into the Photo Contest. A copy of the rules and an entry form can be found at http://friendsofretzer.org/pdf/photocontest2014.pdf. Forms can also be picked up at Retzer Nature Center and other County park locations. Please note that an entry fee applies, and that all photographs must be taken at Retzer Nature Center. The deadline for submission of entries is 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 29.
Questions regarding the Photo Contest can be directed to Mary Cairns at (262) 786-2507.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ice Cream Social at the Brookfield Public Library
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- St. James Parish Festival to Be Held in Mukwonago Aug. 14-16
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- KIDS From Wisconsin to rock New Berlin Eisenhower High School Aug. 21
- High Tech Comes to Hair Replacement Business
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: 5 Easy Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
- WIOA Youth Program Offers Participants Education and Employment Opportunities