The City of Waukesha Parks, Recreation & Forestry Department (WPRF) will host the national Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team on Sat., Sept. 13, 2014 at Saratoga Softball Complex. The team will play two games with the first beginning at 1 p.m. against local celebrities and the second taking place at 3 p.m. against local softball players. Gates to the Complex will open at noon and admission is free. A free-will donation to the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team is appreciated.
“There has been such an outpouring of support from the business community as well as the citizens of Waukesha and even southeastern Wisconsin for this event,” said Parks, Recreation & Forestry Dept. Director Ron Grall. “This is only the fourth time the team has been to Wisconsin and we hope to give them a rousing Waukesha welcome.”
“Two of our players, Bobby McCardle, from Franklin, Wis., and Josh Wege, from Cambelsport, Wis. will be with us,” said David Van Sleet, Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team Manager. “It will be great for them to see a large ‘home’ crowd in the stands.”
The 1 p.m. game will feature the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team vs. Local Celebrities, including members of the Waukesha Police and Fire Depts. and local radio and television stations, many of whom are Veterans themselves. The 3 p.m. game will feature the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team vs. local softball players, many of whom also are Veterans.
Games will be played on Field #2 at Saratoga Softball Complex, 301 S. Prairie, Waukesha, and concessions will be available. A portion of concession sales will be donated to the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team.
Hosting the team in Waukesha would not be possible without the generosity of local sponsors including Broadway Limousine & Coach Service, Carrabba’s Italian Grill Brookfield, Heart of America Group, Husco International, Midwest Industries, Shirts and Logos, and WaterStone Bank. Business interested in supporting this event can contact WPRF.
For more information about the activities, please call WPRF at 262-524-3737 or visit www.ci.waukesha.wi.us/parks
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Independence Day Activities in Waukesha
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces monthly Tech Trends series of workshops on IT, internet safety, and commonly-used software
- Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. launches blog to educate general public about health conditions that can affect the quality of their life
- R.A. Smith National Celebrates Culmination of June Nature Challenge
- National "I Forgot Day"
- Rotary Club’s watermelon slices quench thirst, benefit community
- DYPC Junior & Senior Company Auditions
- Summer Travel Tips, or “How to Make Your Dollar Travel Further”
- Summit Credit Union Welcomes Mortgage Loan Officer to Waukesha Branch
- ATI Physical Therapy Offers Complimentary Screenings at All Locations