The Hamilton School District announced its policy for children unable to pay the full price of meals served under the National School Lunch Program and School Breakfast Program, or milk served under the Special Milk Program. Each school office and the district office have copies of the policy for those who are interested.
Household size and income criteria determine eligibility. Children from families whose annual income is at or below the established levels are eligible for free and reduced price meals or free milk if a split-session student does not have access to the school lunch or breakfast service.
FEDERAL ELIGIBILITY INCOME CHART
For School Year 2014-2015
Size Yearly Monthly Weekly
1 $21,590 $1,800 $416
2 $29,101 $2,426 $560
3 $36,612 $3,051 $705
4 $44,123 $3,677 $849
5 $51,634 $4,303 $993
6 $59,145 $4,929 $1,138
7 $66,656 $5,555 $1,282
8 $74,167 $6,181 $1,427
person $7,511 $626 $145
Application forms are being sent to all homes with a notice to parents or guardians. To apply for free or reduced price meals or free milk, households must fill out the application and return it to the school. Additional copies are available in the principal's office in each school. Applications may be submitted at any time during the year.
If a household member becomes unemployed or if the household size changes and the household income falls at or below the levels shown above, the family should contact the school. Such changes may make households eligible for reduced price meals or free meals or milk, and they may reapply at that time.
In certain cases, foster children are also eligible for these benefits. If a household has foster children and wishes to apply for free or reduced price meals, the household should complete an application for a family of one or contact the school for more information.
The information provided by the household on the application is confidential. Under this program, no child will be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, national origin, age or disability.
For more information, contact Kira Cerroni, Hamilton School District food service manager, at (262) 246-1973 x1142.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset Playhouse presents, direct from San Francisco, an evening of non-stop laughter: Will Durst in BOOMERAGING.
- Easter Seals of Southeast Wisconsin to Honor Governor, Community Leaders for Supporting Its Mission
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Named to 100 Top Hospitals List
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Are Chiropractic X-Rays Safe?
- Callen’s Muskego Showroom to Host Easter Bunny March 28
- New Summit Credit Union Branch in Waukesha Set to Open Later This Month
- Concordia University Hosts 'Career Night' at its Five Milwaukee Area Centers on March 19 at 6 p.m.
- Injury and cell damage in alcohol liver disease