UWM and Wisconsin Literacy to Host Workforce Training Conference: Pathways to Employment: Preparing Wisconsin's Job Seekers
Waukesha, WI: The Waukesha Pewaukee Convention & Visitor Bureau are pleased to announce that UWM and Wisconsin Literacy are hosting a workforce training conference, Pathways to Employment: Preparing Wisconsin's Job Seekers, on Friday, September 19, 2014 from 8:30 am until 3:15 pm at the Country Springs Hotel and Conference Center in Pewaukee. The conference will focus on worker training and support services at literacy agencies, technical colleges, refugee agencies, community organizations and in the workplace for individuals with limited English language skills and academic barriers to success. The conference will offer an opportunity for employers and educators to share strategies on worker training. Scott Jansen, Director of WI Department of Workforce Development will present information on the Fast Forward Initiative and highlight some of the recent funding initiatives focused on job creation and job training.
Breakout sessions will feature a variety of presentations including Connecting Adult Learners to Small Business Training; Connecting to new Employment Services at the Job Centers; Training Programs on Safety and Worker Rights with OSHA; Enhancing Communication, Cultural Understanding and Learning in Multilingual Work Environments and several other topics pertinent to workforce success.
Early Bird registration of $40 will run through September 5th. To register or for more information visit www.wisconsinliteracy.org or call 608-257-1655.
The Waukesha Pewaukee Convention and Visitor Bureau is an economic development organization that strengthens the area by attracting visitors in the convention, sports and leisure markets. Through CVB sales and marketing efforts, Waukesha Pewaukee hosts lively meetings of waterfronts, downtown, fun and people. To learn more about our meetings visit www.visitwaukesha.org
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair
- Alliance Tax & Accounting Service expands office to accommodate growth
- Rogers Behavioral Health to Host Job Fair on August 11
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Liberty Dance Center to perform at WQYL/ Hunger Task Force Event
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19