WAUKESHA – The University of Wisconsin-Waukesha chorus, hand bell choir and brass ensemble will present a spring concert Monday, March 15, at 7:30 p.m. in the Commons Lounge on campus, located at 1500 N. University Dr., Waukesha. Please note that the location has been changed since originally announced.
Admission is free and the public is welcome. Free parking is available in all campus lots.
The Windy Hill Brass Ensemble will open with its signature piece, Hoagy Carmichael’s Stardust, also play the English Folksong Suite by Ralph Vaughn Williams and the first movement of the Brass Quintet No. 1 by Victor Ewald, and end with the traditional Battle of Jericho. Craig Hurst, UW-Waukesha professor of music and director of bands will lead the group.
Following the Ensemble, the Windy Hill Handbell Choir, under the direction of Nancy Van Brunt, an assistant professor of music, will take the stage and start with the Processional on “Hallelujah.” They will play five pieces ending with Rock Around the Clock.
Finally, the UW-Waukesha Concert Choir, directed by Thomas Patterson, lecturer in music, will present three tunes with the sounds of Renaissance Venice, a very lush setting of Emily Dickinson's poem, The Moon is Distant from the Sea, featuring Jen Van Brunt on piano, and conclude with Come, Let Us Sing a Song of Joy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (October 13-19, 2014)
- Join UW-Waukesha Continuing Education for Haunted Halloween Chicago Trip
- Weekly United Way Press Release - Volunteer Opportunities
- Dr. Carole Street Vetter named David S. Haskell, MD, Endowed Professor in Orthopaedic Education
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Take Flexibility Training Seriously
- Autumn Harvest Bowl Disc Golf Event for the Food Pantry of Waukesha County
- Harvest! Halloween and Harvest Shopping Market is October 3-5 at Hawthorne Hill Farm
- Scientist receives NIH Director’s Award to study molecular causes of disease
- RED HOT MAMA! A Tribute to Sophie Tucker (featuring Becky Spice)
- "Diary of Anne Frank" at Lake Country Playhouse in October