WAUKESHA – The University of Wisconsin-Waukesha chorus, hand bell choir and brass ensemble will present a spring concert Monday, March 15, at 7:30 p.m. in the Commons Lounge on campus, located at 1500 N. University Dr., Waukesha. Please note that the location has been changed since originally announced.
Admission is free and the public is welcome. Free parking is available in all campus lots.
The Windy Hill Brass Ensemble will open with its signature piece, Hoagy Carmichael’s Stardust, also play the English Folksong Suite by Ralph Vaughn Williams and the first movement of the Brass Quintet No. 1 by Victor Ewald, and end with the traditional Battle of Jericho. Craig Hurst, UW-Waukesha professor of music and director of bands will lead the group.
Following the Ensemble, the Windy Hill Handbell Choir, under the direction of Nancy Van Brunt, an assistant professor of music, will take the stage and start with the Processional on “Hallelujah.” They will play five pieces ending with Rock Around the Clock.
Finally, the UW-Waukesha Concert Choir, directed by Thomas Patterson, lecturer in music, will present three tunes with the sounds of Renaissance Venice, a very lush setting of Emily Dickinson's poem, The Moon is Distant from the Sea, featuring Jen Van Brunt on piano, and conclude with Come, Let Us Sing a Song of Joy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Up and Coming Website for Teen Moms
- CTSI funds ovarian cancer research
- BEACHCOMBER SALON PLANS SEPTEMBER 11TH FUNDRAISER
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- Local Job Fair Held to Hire Seasonal Associates for BuySeasons, Inc.
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk