WAUKESHA – The University of Wisconsin-Waukesha chorus, hand bell choir and brass ensemble will present a spring concert Monday, March 15, at 7:30 p.m. in the Commons Lounge on campus, located at 1500 N. University Dr., Waukesha. Please note that the location has been changed since originally announced.
Admission is free and the public is welcome. Free parking is available in all campus lots.
The Windy Hill Brass Ensemble will open with its signature piece, Hoagy Carmichael’s Stardust, also play the English Folksong Suite by Ralph Vaughn Williams and the first movement of the Brass Quintet No. 1 by Victor Ewald, and end with the traditional Battle of Jericho. Craig Hurst, UW-Waukesha professor of music and director of bands will lead the group.
Following the Ensemble, the Windy Hill Handbell Choir, under the direction of Nancy Van Brunt, an assistant professor of music, will take the stage and start with the Processional on “Hallelujah.” They will play five pieces ending with Rock Around the Clock.
Finally, the UW-Waukesha Concert Choir, directed by Thomas Patterson, lecturer in music, will present three tunes with the sounds of Renaissance Venice, a very lush setting of Emily Dickinson's poem, The Moon is Distant from the Sea, featuring Jen Van Brunt on piano, and conclude with Come, Let Us Sing a Song of Joy.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meet & Greet Waukesha School Board Candidate
- Grow Your Business With Referrals
- Work At Home Scam Targets College Students
- Like talking about books? We have the book club for you!
- 10th Annual New Berlin West Baseball Casino Night Fundraiser
- Wisconsin nominees named in WELCOA’s national Top 100 Health Promotion Professionals
- Ann Massaro, Brookfield Native and Brookfield Central High School Graduate, Joins Ameriprise Financial
- 2nd Annual PeeWee Poms Clinic
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: New Consumer Reports Data Highlight Patients’ Satisfaction with Chiropractic Care
- Trinity UCC Jazz Worship & Luncheon