The Milwaukee Astronomical Society is pleased to announce it's public observing session on Friday June 18, 2010 at a special time of 6:00PM.
We will be discussing and demonstrating ways to observe the Sun SAFELY through multiple telescopes.
A 20-minute presentation about our topic will be given. Club members will be available to answer your questions and be your guide to the Universe.
Tours of the observatory will also be conducted.
This event will be held regardless of the weather.
The observatory is located in New Berlin at 18850 Observatory Road. For directions and other information about the Milwaukee Astronomical Society please feel free to visit our website at www.milwaukeeastro.org.
Future Public Observing Nights will be held:
August 13, 2010 - Perseid Meteor - A late summer favorite. Learn the constellations while watching for meteors.
September 17, 2010 - Telescope Clinic - Bring your telescopes
October 1, 2010 - Topic to be announced
October 15, 2010 - Moon - The moon is at 1st quarter
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients
- Two Advisors in Brookfield Ameriprise Office Achieve Circle of Success Recognition
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Does Chiropractic Help Back Pain Associated with Pregnancy?
- THE MYTHS AND REALITIES OF COLLEGE RECRUITING
- Put some WOW into your job search!
- Kohl's Cares Grow Safe & Healthy Mobile Unit bring safety education to Wings over Waukesha Saturday, August 23
- Nashotah residents lobby congress regarding human trafficking
- Local Resident Performs At Sunset Playhouse
- Families can apply for free, reduced lunches
- Hamilton schools plan for start of classes