The Milwaukee Astronomical Society is pleased to announce it's public observing session on Friday June 18, 2010 at a special time of 6:00PM.
We will be discussing and demonstrating ways to observe the Sun SAFELY through multiple telescopes.
A 20-minute presentation about our topic will be given. Club members will be available to answer your questions and be your guide to the Universe.
Tours of the observatory will also be conducted.
This event will be held regardless of the weather.
The observatory is located in New Berlin at 18850 Observatory Road. For directions and other information about the Milwaukee Astronomical Society please feel free to visit our website at www.milwaukeeastro.org.
Future Public Observing Nights will be held:
August 13, 2010 - Perseid Meteor - A late summer favorite. Learn the constellations while watching for meteors.
September 17, 2010 - Telescope Clinic - Bring your telescopes
October 1, 2010 - Topic to be announced
October 15, 2010 - Moon - The moon is at 1st quarter
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Jazz Night at the Ike Cafe
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- Cue Club of Wisconsin Holds Event to Benefit the FOOD Pantry of Waukesha County
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Corporate Housing in Brookfield, WI - Special Pricing
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Shortening the Road to Recovery After an Automobile Injury: Your Chiropractor Can Help.
- Graphics Systems Corp. Announces Engineer 3D! Training + Technology Conference
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7
- Meet & Greet Waukesha School Board Candidate