The Milwaukee Astronomical Society is pleased to announce it's public observing session on Friday June 18, 2010 at a special time of 6:00PM.
We will be discussing and demonstrating ways to observe the Sun SAFELY through multiple telescopes.
A 20-minute presentation about our topic will be given. Club members will be available to answer your questions and be your guide to the Universe.
Tours of the observatory will also be conducted.
This event will be held regardless of the weather.
The observatory is located in New Berlin at 18850 Observatory Road. For directions and other information about the Milwaukee Astronomical Society please feel free to visit our website at www.milwaukeeastro.org.
Future Public Observing Nights will be held:
August 13, 2010 - Perseid Meteor - A late summer favorite. Learn the constellations while watching for meteors.
September 17, 2010 - Telescope Clinic - Bring your telescopes
October 1, 2010 - Topic to be announced
October 15, 2010 - Moon - The moon is at 1st quarter
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Lorna Landvik to discuss and sign new novel Best to Laugh at Books & Company in Oconomowoc
- Build Your Talent Pipeline at the Workforce Development Center’s Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- New Playground Being Built in Delafield; Special Participation Event Mon., Sept. 15
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Fitness Revolution Brookfield Adds Jeni Manago to Team
- Art & Craft Vendors Wanted!
- Hamilton again on Newsweek’s “Best High Schools” list
- Chantae Miller will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of The Color Purple
- Fox River Invitational