The Milwaukee Astronomical Society is pleased to announce it's public observing session on Friday June 18, 2010 at a special time of 6:00PM.
We will be discussing and demonstrating ways to observe the Sun SAFELY through multiple telescopes.
A 20-minute presentation about our topic will be given. Club members will be available to answer your questions and be your guide to the Universe.
Tours of the observatory will also be conducted.
This event will be held regardless of the weather.
The observatory is located in New Berlin at 18850 Observatory Road. For directions and other information about the Milwaukee Astronomical Society please feel free to visit our website at www.milwaukeeastro.org.
Future Public Observing Nights will be held:
August 13, 2010 - Perseid Meteor - A late summer favorite. Learn the constellations while watching for meteors.
September 17, 2010 - Telescope Clinic - Bring your telescopes
October 1, 2010 - Topic to be announced
October 15, 2010 - Moon - The moon is at 1st quarter
- MCW awarded $1.9 million for cardiovascular research in chronic kidney disease
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce sponsoring Waukesha regional job fair
- Liberty Dance Center to perform at WQYL/ Hunger Task Force Event
- Demlang Builders Welcomes Martha Ziegler as Selections Coordinator
- USO Motorcycle Ride
- Cardiovascular Center Golf Challenge puts spotlight on heart disease
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Free Cyber-Seniors Documentary Screening
- Support Your Immune System With Essential Oils
- Richfield Art at the Mill