The Milwaukee Astronomical Society is pleased to announce it's public observing session on Friday June 18, 2010 at a special time of 6:00PM.
We will be discussing and demonstrating ways to observe the Sun SAFELY through multiple telescopes.
A 20-minute presentation about our topic will be given. Club members will be available to answer your questions and be your guide to the Universe.
Tours of the observatory will also be conducted.
This event will be held regardless of the weather.
The observatory is located in New Berlin at 18850 Observatory Road. For directions and other information about the Milwaukee Astronomical Society please feel free to visit our website at www.milwaukeeastro.org.
Future Public Observing Nights will be held:
August 13, 2010 - Perseid Meteor - A late summer favorite. Learn the constellations while watching for meteors.
September 17, 2010 - Telescope Clinic - Bring your telescopes
October 1, 2010 - Topic to be announced
October 15, 2010 - Moon - The moon is at 1st quarter
- Wisconsin Connections Academy Graduates Leaders of Tomorrow
- July 4th Parade Entry Deadline Friday
- Callen Offers Advice On When It’s Time To Replace Windows
- Liberty Dance Center marches in Memorial Day Parade
- Waukesha Named Vietnam War Commemoration Partner
- Civic Senior Players Come to Delafield Public Library
- The Innocent Killer
- The Importance of Sleep
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic