Retired and Senior Volunteer Program celebrated 33 years of service in Waukesha County by honoring volunteers for their service during an anniversary awards dinner June 24 at the Oak Hill Terrace in Waukesha.
Honored for 20 years were Lynn Herman, Florence Krueger and Alice Schnetter.
Honored for 15 years were Toni DeStefano, Cletus Fleming, Shirley Garvey, Laverne Kasian, Ann Klopp, Joanne Knecht, Vera Murk, Rose Raiter, Ronn Rieger, Herb Ritzman, Ann Tabat, Cecelia Tauscher and Kathleen Urban.
Honored for 10 years were Carol Braeger, Clementine Byrge, Dorothy Dieter, Robert Dieter, Judith Freyer, Robert Garvey, Cecelia Gump, Roy Gump, Jackie Hill, Merle Howland, Carol Jones, Penney Liedtke, Yvonne McCormick, Karen Puchner, LaVerne Staab, Jane Tidyman, Carol Vaughan, Jean Weber and Donna Wechlo.
Presidential awards were given to Adell Durkee, Mary Garcia, Rosemary Duwel, Clementine Byrge and Beverly Stoll. They each received lifetime awards, which represents over 4,000 hours of volunteer service in their lifetime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MinuteClinic Opens Its First Walk-in Medical Clinic in Waukesha
- The C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Gives Nearly $1,500 to Two Schools in Inaugural Donations
- Holiday Gift Drive for Seniors
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Volunteer Opportunities in Waukesha County
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce announces 2015 Board of Directors
- Liberty Dance Center in Waukesha Christmas Parade