Retired and Senior Volunteer Program celebrated 33 years of service in Waukesha County by honoring volunteers for their service during an anniversary awards dinner June 24 at the Oak Hill Terrace in Waukesha.
Honored for 20 years were Lynn Herman, Florence Krueger and Alice Schnetter.
Honored for 15 years were Toni DeStefano, Cletus Fleming, Shirley Garvey, Laverne Kasian, Ann Klopp, Joanne Knecht, Vera Murk, Rose Raiter, Ronn Rieger, Herb Ritzman, Ann Tabat, Cecelia Tauscher and Kathleen Urban.
Honored for 10 years were Carol Braeger, Clementine Byrge, Dorothy Dieter, Robert Dieter, Judith Freyer, Robert Garvey, Cecelia Gump, Roy Gump, Jackie Hill, Merle Howland, Carol Jones, Penney Liedtke, Yvonne McCormick, Karen Puchner, LaVerne Staab, Jane Tidyman, Carol Vaughan, Jean Weber and Donna Wechlo.
Presidential awards were given to Adell Durkee, Mary Garcia, Rosemary Duwel, Clementine Byrge and Beverly Stoll. They each received lifetime awards, which represents over 4,000 hours of volunteer service in their lifetime.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Workforce Development Center's Spring Job Fair
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Catholic Memorial to perform Arsenic and Old Lace
- Local Chiropractors Discuss: Common Causes of Back Pain
- St. Mary Parish School Students to Welcome Veterans from Stars and Stripe Honor Flight
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Camp Cave: A New Program for Children with Special Needs and Disabilities