A 41-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with allegedly arguing (loudly) on behalf of one of America’s lesser known freedoms: the right of a man to love a goat.
Shaun Keith Orris was charged on June 13 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, allegedly asking strangers outside a bar: “Do you think it’s right to [expletive] a goat.”
Its an issue that perhaps demands attention after half-a-dozen beers and a couple shots, which allegedly prompted Shaun Keith Orris’ prurient outburst.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha City Police were dispatched at 2:45 a.m. June 13 to Waukesha’s Montecito Ristorante Lounge, 257 West Broadway, after receiving a call from Orris complaining he was “battered and bloodied” for asking strangers his strange question.
The owner of Montecito told police that Orris had been drinking heavily and began asking other patrons whether they believed it was their constitutional right to have sex with a goat, according to the complaint.
The owner asked Orris to leave, but he refused, the complaint reads. At one point, Orris became belligerent and the owner said he “directed him to the floor,” leaving a cut on Orris’ head.
Orris said that after the altercation with the bartender he went back home, showered, and returned with a 5-inch long pocketknife, according to the complaint.
Orris was arrested and taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital, where he became increasingly agitated, screaming that it was a constitutional right to have sex with a goat, the complaint reads. Orris then said he thought the situation was hilarious and fell into “several fits of laughter.”
To answer Orris’ question, Wisconsin Statute 944.17 (c) (d) expressly forbids committing an act of sexual gratification with an animal.
Orris could face up to a year in prison, $11,000 in fines, or both, if convicted.
His next expected court date is June 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- City of Waukesha recommending sober server ordinance
- Kwik Trip being proposed for city of Waukesha's northwest side
- Waukesha School Board candidates discuss Common Core, teacher compensation
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Waukesha man charged for allegedly soliciting illegal sexual encounter
- Oconomowoc man allegedly caught in Waukesha store bathroom with heroin
- Waukesha bicycle shop Cyclesmith closes its doors
- Waukesha Community Briefs: 'Dead Man's Cell Phone,' 'Messiah' performance and more
- Waukesha Police Report: March 26, 2015 issue
- Facial tattoo helps Waukesha police bust armed robbery suspect