A 41-year-old Waukesha man was charged last week with allegedly arguing (loudly) on behalf of one of America’s lesser known freedoms: the right of a man to love a goat.
Shaun Keith Orris was charged on June 13 in Waukesha County Circuit Court with carrying a concealed weapon and disorderly conduct, allegedly asking strangers outside a bar: “Do you think it’s right to [expletive] a goat.”
Its an issue that perhaps demands attention after half-a-dozen beers and a couple shots, which allegedly prompted Shaun Keith Orris’ prurient outburst.
According to the criminal complaint, Waukesha City Police were dispatched at 2:45 a.m. June 13 to Waukesha’s Montecito Ristorante Lounge, 257 West Broadway, after receiving a call from Orris complaining he was “battered and bloodied” for asking strangers his strange question.
The owner of Montecito told police that Orris had been drinking heavily and began asking other patrons whether they believed it was their constitutional right to have sex with a goat, according to the complaint.
The owner asked Orris to leave, but he refused, the complaint reads. At one point, Orris became belligerent and the owner said he “directed him to the floor,” leaving a cut on Orris’ head.
Orris said that after the altercation with the bartender he went back home, showered, and returned with a 5-inch long pocketknife, according to the complaint.
Orris was arrested and taken to Waukesha Memorial Hospital, where he became increasingly agitated, screaming that it was a constitutional right to have sex with a goat, the complaint reads. Orris then said he thought the situation was hilarious and fell into “several fits of laughter.”
To answer Orris’ question, Wisconsin Statute 944.17 (c) (d) expressly forbids committing an act of sexual gratification with an animal.
Orris could face up to a year in prison, $11,000 in fines, or both, if convicted.
His next expected court date is June 28.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Proposed Waukesha County Museum redevelopment plan coming before city panel
- 'Suspicious' fire damages Waukesha home overnight
- Attorney requests Slender Man stabbing suspect Morgan Geyser be moved to treatment facility
- Waukesha Community Briefs: Pet adoption drive, mob boss speaker and more
- Wife granted restraining order against former Waukesha County detective (1)
- Vehicle fire in Waukesha apartment building's underground parking garage creates 'an explosion'
- Former town of Waukesha chairwoman, resident file ethics complaint against chairman (2)
- Waukesha robotics team stays in top gear in regional competition en route to international event
- Waukesha Police Report: April 16, 2015 issue
- Oconomowoc man accused of getting high in store bathroom enters plea